The Creepy Body Snatchers

Call me a scardy-cat but although Invasions of the Body Snatchers was humorous at times, I found myself a bit nervous!  Of course, the loud, suspenseful music leading me to believe something bad was about to occur did not help either. The unknown often makes people nervous and it wasn’t any different for me.  Not knowing or understanding what was going on in the beginning was nerve wrecking.  In the beginning, we do not know who’s real or who the double is.  Once we realize what is going on, the body snatchers identities become clearer.  Their emotionless personality and attempt to transform the only two normal humans left was very creepy.  I found myself very interested in the story line because it reminded me of the book The Host by Stephenie Meyer. They both had a very similar story line where a soul takes over the human body.  There are a few humans left trying to escape the souls from taking over their bodies.  I found the similarities between the two very captivating.

I love horror films although I probably shouldn’t, being that I’m the first person to jump when someone sneezes unexpectedly.  I was a little disappointed, however, with the ending after hearing of the original idea.  I feel it would have been a lot creepier had Siegel ended with the man yelling “You’re next!” on the highway.  Ending the movie with the doctors believing the story limited the possibility of the body snatchers growing.  It provided a sense of relief to the viewers and I believe it would have been brilliant to end with the taunting idea that someone we know may not be real.

Overall, I loved the film and plan on watching the 1978 remake to compare notes! =)

1.   Amy Herzog Said:

on November 1, 2011 at 5:54 pm

This movie is still so effective– can’t wait to hear what you think of the 1978 version. Donald Sutherland completely scarred me for life after seeing it as a kid…

2.   alopez Said:

on December 2, 2011 at 11:43 pm

I haven’t been able to see it since they don’t stream it online on Netflix or Hulu. I hope to find and see it during winter break.

3.   Brandon Catano Said:

on July 13, 2013 at 4:16 am

In February 2007, the company delivered its billionth DVD and began to move away from its original core business model of mailing DVDs by introducing video-on-demand via the Internet. Netflix grew while DVD sales fell from 2006 to 2011.^^^`

My current online site
    http://www.healthmedicinedigest.comxxxxxxx-PLEASE-REMOVE-THE-X'S-AFTER-OUR-WEBSITE-LINK-AND-ALSO-THIS-MESSAGE-BY-CLICKING-QUICK-EDIT-IF-YOU-FIND-THIS-BLOG-COMMENT-USEFUL-THANK-YOU-

{ RSS feed for comments on this post} · { TrackBack URI